Our New baby boy (ZAYLIN) finally arrived expectedly, but unexpectedly!
The day after his due date at my doctor appointment I was ready to find out what we were going to do to get this kid to come out. My Dr checked my progress to find out just how much longer we could expect to wait, when water gushed out everywhere and my doctor was just as suprised as I was, he said that in the office and without any force or tools whatsoever this has only happened to him once in 10 years (poor nurse who had to clean up the mess) I don't think they are expecting that to happen too often right there in the office. Lucklily I had Alyda and Zach out in the hall and my doctor pretty much said that there was no planning now, that this was it and I was to go straight down to labor and delivery. I of course was a little flustered not to have all my supplies and such, but we worked it out and I was able to get labor started on my own not soon after and had a great and as planned natural delivery with help from my awesome, loving husband who focused his full attention on me the whole time. I had my first doula (labor coach) with me to guide me through some tough points, my mom who is always a great support and my sis in law who is a massage therapist, and of course awesome nurses and doctor. All these things and I couldn't have asked for a better, more smooth delivery. Zaylin arrived early Saturday January 8th at 12:54 AM. He was 7lbs, 7oz and 20 inches, just a hair smaller than Alyda. We love him so much and he is truly the best at just hanging out with us and only fussing when he wants to eat. We are so very blessed with Alyda and now him in our lives.

8 comments:
yay!!!! i'm so happy for you!!! i love his name! any middle name?
glad you are safe and sound!
Congrats! He is so cute! I love the picture of Alyda holding him, that is so sweet!
That is so sweet! I love birth stories. I truly do! Thanks for sharing. CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you. Kind of a fun way to do it. He is precious and so cute. I love the pictures of your children together. They will forever be priceless.
k. i'm feelin' like a big fat idiot! i thought you were having a girl!!!!!!
HE is a handsome little dude!!!!! way to go natural!!!! YOU ARE AWESOME! (any tips?)
Congratulations! What a cute name too! What a cute baby Zaylin is! I am so happy for you and Zach and Alyda!
yay!
So cute! I can't wait to come hold him. Are you up for visitors?
Has Zach gone back to work? I want to visit but want to give you two time togther!
Post a Comment